We are seeking for enthusiastic decathletes!
For those who are interested in the design section of the project, we?re running an application, approximately for 3 students. We will decide on the basis of application, portfolio and personal interview.
If you?re not especially interested in the design part of the contest, the participating in the application procedure isn?t mandatory. In that case take part on the personal interview and please bring your portfolio, as well. The interview will be held on 15th February 2011 (Tuesday ? exact dates later), Department of Residential Planning.
Students who weren?t successful in the first round have the opportunity to later join the team.
Idea competition for the applicants
Motto: ?Sun-Light-Biorhythm: diversity of the attitudes? possibilities?
Theme of the application:
Design a small building under the rules of Solar Decathlon 2012.
Aim of the competition:
Choose the suitable architecture design team members on the basis of the students? plans.
Terms of participation:
The competition is open to every architecture student, who is at least in his/her 3rd years of studies or an MSc student.
To the application you need to enclose:
- The concept of the house, operational principles, and the documentation of the spatial system: on maximum 2 A/3-sized paper, you can choose the technique; it can be model, video or photo. There?s no particular restriction in connection with the implementation, the important thing is the clear representation of the architectural idea.
- Motivation letter, some sentences, why you would like to join
45-70 m2 free-standing residential for two people
Features of the building:
- The house is basically light-structured, because during the competition we have to build it up in 10 days.
- Maximum height is 6 meters with the foundation, and during the competition it?s forbidden to scratch the ground.
- Electricity is generated by solar-cells
- Exhibitional issues: lots of visitors, movements around the building.
Tamás Varga DLA
Adrian Auth and Balázs Szelecsényi, architect students, Solar Decathlon BME
Daniel Lőrincz and Alberto Vasquez, designers, Solar Decathlon BME
Applications should be submitted:
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Faculty of Architecture
Department of Residential Planning
14th February 2011, (Monday) 12.00
Date of the personal interviews:
15th February 2011 (Tuesday ? exact dates later) Department of Residential Planning
If you have any question in connection with the application, feel free to ask. Ask here in the blog in order to help everybody.
We hope you take part in the application procedure and tell about us your friends.
Balázs and Adrián